Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Beginning & The End

This is the first time I've ever done anything like this... The last time I even kept a diary was when I went to Italy for 7 weeks 3 years ago now? Prior to that I was never good a keeping record of events in my life. However, I do believe now is a good time to start.

I am about to close the single-woman chapter of my life and begin a new chapter with my future husband, Kent (which feels awkward at this moment to type). As most folks know, I currently live in Columbia, SC which is not my favorite place on earth buuuttt I've grown to have an appreciation for the area. Due to multiple reasons, I will be moving back home next weekend to start my new life. Everything seems to have fallen into place. I got the job, we have shelter, and we'll be getting hitched in about 3 weeks!

The "shelter" I referred to is a 3 bedroom 1.5 bath farmhouse nestled against the mountain on ~12 acres of land. It has a barn, garage, and multiple other structures. It also comes with a goat and a mini pony. I always dreamed of living on a little farm with a barn but I never thought it would really happen. The deal with the property though is that we will be living there for a year and fixing it up for some friends to be able to sell. The little farm needs a lot of TLC and Kent & I are up to the challenge. This is really what sparked my interest about blogging. I intended on posting our progress on the farm with before and after photos on Facebook. However, I can't explain what's going on and it leaves out everyone who does not have Facebook. This was a much better solution to keep our friends from all over the country posted.

Sooo stay tuned for "Adventures of Laura & Kent Down on the Farm"!


1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to hearing all about your adventures! As you know, I have a thing for fixing up old homes on a bit of land near a mountain. I wish you much joy and energy to start a new life and new jobs.

    ReplyDelete